Do you live in ZIP code 48906, 48912, 48915, or 48933 in the City of Lansing?
LANSING, MI --- The Capital Area Humane Society is pleased to announce, thanks to grant funding from PetSmart Charities totaling $135,000 over two years, CAHS is able to offer free spays and neuters for cats living in City of Lansing zip codes 48906, 48912, 48915, and 48933 ONLY. This is phase two of a multi-phase spay/neuter project for cats in the City of Lansing. We completed phase one of the project last year, spaying and neutering 50% of the cat population in zip codes 48910 and 48911, totaling 2,845 cats!
- The Capital Area Humane Society Spay & Neuter Clinic is offering free spay & neuter cat surgeries for City of Lansing residents living in 48906, 48912, 48915, and 48933 zip codes.
- All cats and kittens must be at least eight weeks old and weigh two pounds.
- Rabies vaccines and microchips are included at the time of surgery, if needed.
- Proof of address and an appointment are required.
- People who live in other ZIP codes, but need help, are encouraged to call the clinic to discuss other options
- Residents in the approved zip codes within the city limits of Lansing wanting to schedule free surgeries for their cats can call the Spay & Neuter Clinic at (517) 908-0756.
WHEN: Now and over the next two years.
WHERE: All surgeries will be performed at the Spay & Neuter Clinic located at 5919 South Cedar Street in Lansing.
WHY: Spay and neuter is the only effective way to address the pet overpopulation problem in mid-Michigan. According to the Michigan Department of Agriculture, about 250,000 animals end up in Michigan shelters every year.