Have you found a stray or wild animal?
CAHS does not accept strays. Stray animals must be reported to and/or dropped off at the animal control agency in the county which the animal was found.
- Ingham County – (517) 676-8370 map
- Eaton County – (517) 543-5755 map
- Clinton County – (989) 224-5116 map
CAHS does not have resources to help wild animals. For assistance with a wild animal, you may contact:
- WILDSIDE Rehabilitation Center – (517) 663-6153
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources – (517) 284-9453
Surrendering Your Pet
You must have an appointment to surrender your animal. Appointments are made based on the physical space and resources available. Please call, so we may work with you to schedule your appointment as soon as possible.
(517) 626-6060 ext. 118
- Appointments are limited and are taken daily after 10 a.m.
- Due to high call volumes, you may have to leave a message. Staff will return your call as soon as they are able.
- Plan on your appointment taking 20-30 minutes.
We require an entry fee for all animals surrendered to CAHS. The following fees apply:
- Dog (5 months and older) NOT spayed or neutered – $40
- Dog (5 months and older) spayed or neutered – $30
- Puppy (under 5 months) – fee waived
- Single cat or kitten (any age) – $20
- Multiple cats or kittens (any age) – $20 for the first, $5 for each additional
- Female dog with litter of puppies (4 months and younger) – $40 for mother, $5 for each puppy
- Female cat with litter of kittens (4 months and younger)- $20 for mother, $5 for each kitten
- Rabbits, NOT spayed or neutered – $25
- Rabbits, spayed or neutered – $10
- Ferrets – $10
- All other rodents – $5 each
- Birds – $10-$20 based on size
Please note: all rabbits, rodents and birds must be surrendered with their cage and supplies.
Appointment is required.
(517) 626-6060 ext. 118
We provide owner-requested euthanasia for companion animals who are suffering due to old age or illness. At this time, we do not provide owner-present euthanasia. Owners may take the remains home for burial, or work with the staff to determine cremation options. We also offer private cremation for additional fees. The fees for owner-requested euthanasia are:
- Cats – $20
- With CAHS caring for the remains- $40
- Dogs under 50 lbs – $50
- Dogs over 50 lbs – $80
- Dogs over 100 lbs – $120
- Rabbits, guinea pigs, other rodents – $20